Thursday, October 23, 2008

Field Trip


We are studying earth science this year and have been studying faults this week, earthquakes next week. The science curriculum had a small project on the San Andreas Fault. Now seeing that we are just south of San Francisco, I decided to look it up and see where exactly it ran. Yeah . . . Jay drives over it everyday to and from work, it is actually only about a mile from our campground. So off we went to Mussel Rock Park. We hiked all through the park, I was hoping there were be a sign for us tourists, but no luck. We saw a tunnel in the rock where a railroad used to go through, that was pretty neat. The walk along the edge of the cliff was pretty neat to, very scenic. The boys wanted to climb down rocks holding onto a rope that was tied to the top to get to the beach, but being a party pooper mom, I said NO. I was already holding Nicca's hand for dear life and telling Michael to get away from the edge over and over. We saw what we thought was the fault because the rocks were drastically different colors but it wasn't clear like I thought it would be. Now remember that I am from Florida and don't know about fault lines. When we got home I read up a little bit more and discovered that we were right. We couldn't see the fault line there because it was covered by landslide leftovers. Houses are built up on the cliff right where landslides have occured on the fault line, CRAZY!!!!!!! It was a great hike even if we weren't prepared and were all wearing Crocs. I told Michael we would go back with Jay and attempt to climb down the rope. I promise I'll get a picture of that if we do.

On another note - tomorrow I am starting a sixty day yoga challenge. Sixty days of yoga for $60 (and that is cheap.) The catch - you have to go EVERY day for sixty days straight. I am allowed to miss one day, but then I would have to do two classes the next day. So I will be getting up for the 6:15 class during the week and 8:00 class on the weekend. Yes it is WAY early, but I feel great and prepared for the day when I am finished. Since I've gone yesterday and today I will really be doing at least 62 days of yoga. And yes I have lost my mind, or actually I have found it.

2 comments:

The Hapa Girl said...

I'll be thinking of you! I started running again, but only 4 days a week. If you complete this challenge, then I'm going to challenge myself to run 5 days a week??? Maybe :) Good LUCK!

Village Talkies said...

Thank you very much for providing important information. All your information is very valuable to me.
Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.